Left Column front page
From the News
A Lieutenant in Eradicating
How Dr. Donald A. Henderson, who died in August, 2016, turned a failing measles program into a first in medicine.Donald Henderson Eradicating Smallpox New York Times Article
October 14, 1997: Presentation of the 1997 APHA Presidential Citation to Nelson Mandela, in Pretoria, South Africa (transcripts)
Mohammad N. Akhter
Mr. President, my name is Mohammad Akhter. I am the Executive Director of the American Public Health Association. I am honored to be here today.
The American Public Health Association is an organization of public health professionals.
TELL OUR STORY
Gather all History of
Public Health and Post
it on this Site
The History Project exists for gathering the History of Public Health and the American Public Health Association since its inception in 1872 by Dr. Stephen Smith, the founder.
Are you a member of APHA ? Are you in a State Public Health Association? Are you a member of an APHA Section, Caucus, SPIG, or Member of the Student Assembly? If so then Please REGISTER below on the green bar. You will then receive instructions so that you can post text and graphics. Are you an otherwise interested person in Public Health History and have items such as articles and photos to share? If so please subscribe and submit.
What Can You Do?
- Sign up and email us your preferred contact information
- Help us publicize and involve others
- Carry out an inventory of current resources
- Participate or assist in pilot development
- Identify further areas and sources to develop or contact
- Tell us what else you would like to see or suggest
- Contact us and tell us what you would like to contribute